What can I help YOU with?
- Editing health and lactation-related presentations and websites.
- Writing and/or editing health and lactation-related articles for websites, blogs, brochures, leaflets, magazines, journals, etc.
- Creating personalized and editable PowerPoint presentations for breastfeeding classes – topics include (but not limited to): Getting Breastfeeding Off to a Good Start, Starting Solids & Weaning, Breastfeeding Multiples and Going Back to Work.
- Consulting on lactation specialist training programs and peer support training programs including development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Speaking at conferences and training seminars on health and lactation-related topics.
- Collaboration on public health and lactation-related projects and initiatives.
What are my qualifications?
I have a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree with a concentration on Health Promotion & Community Health and a second Master of Art degree focusing on Gender and Society in the Middle East. I am also an accredited International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
I have a special interest in:
- Managing lactation and maternal chronic diseases
- Providing culturally-sensitive care among diverse populations
- Creating and facilitating breastfeeding-related social media networks
- Developing and evaluating breastfeeding peer support training programs
- Mentoring aspiring lactation professionals
I have published a range of articles in scholarly journals, magazines, blogs, and websites and have served as an editor and contributing editor for both academic and lactation-related journals. In addition, I have presented evidence-based research and lactation-related topics at dozens of academic and lactation conferences around the world – both online and in-person.
I have been living across the globe for a decade, and I am adaptable, flexible, capable and comfortable working with diverse populations across a variety of settings.
- Accredited International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- Certified Clinical Lactation Manager
- Master of Public Health (MPH) degree, concentrating on Health Promotion and Community Health
- Master of Arts (MA) degree in Near Eastern Studies, focusing on Gender and Society with a minor in Medical Anthropology.
- Dual Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in Women’s Studies and Political Science, with minors in English (writing) and Middle Eastern Studies.
Don’t be shy! Tell me how I CAN help you and let’s work together.